IGNORED

air filter source

qz16

I have a late 1973 240z air filter box.  I've been restoring the car for a while.  I am trying to locate an air filter.  I did not realize it but evidently there are two (2) different sizes.  One that is approx. 2.375 inches high and another that is about .25 inches shorter.  I am not having a great deal of luck locating the correct air filter.  Does anyone have a current source for these air filters.  I believe they were used on late '73 (240 Zs) and 1974 260 Zs. I have tried all of the usual suspects (zcardepot, thezstore, ...etc)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

DatsunZguy - Thanks for the quick response.  I had previously checked oreilly, autozone, napa, and advanced auto - all of those sites indicated out of stock conditions.  Having said that armed with the specific part number I did call both Oreilly and autozone and both said that they would try to special order it.  So, thank you for the part number lead.  It may take a few days, but I will update this thread if they are able to fill the order.

• Like 2

SUCCESS - Autozone was able to special order the STP air filter - #SA3378, and it fits my airbox.  I have not heard back from O'reilly's yet.  Once again thank you DatsunZguy.
Update 12/21/22:

Unfortunately O'reillys was not able to locate a suitable filter.  They were as always very nice.  The manager took the time to take the measurements and search for similar filters.  He did come up with the K&N filter that zKars mentions below but said that all of his sources claimed that it was out of stock.

Edited by qz16
  • Like 1

Glad you found one. Getting a bit tricky to source.

There is a K&N Filter for the 240 as well.  E2910 I believe.  

I’m no great fan of the K&N filter, but this particular filter body is rubber and a tad thicker than stock,  so if your housing is lacking the thin stock rubber strips that seal against usual OEM steel filter, these would be ideal. 

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2