IGNORED

Suggestions needed on how to repair my 240Z window frame

Silver-240Z

I just bought a set of 240Z window frames to replace the current ones on my car. My only reason for doing this was the previous owner drilled holes into the frames in order to attach mirror plates🤦
The replacement frames look great minus a small gash on the passenger side. What’s the best way to repair this? A stainless steel repair shop? Honestly don’t know..

492C6470-6442-4ADA-BCBC-F53DE62E7B16.jpeg

FF07AB68-1C9B-4E79-AFC6-140364086E7E.jpeg

First off, remove the rubber and felt inner-window channel and toss it.  New replacements are readily available online and will seal the window much better.

I'm sure a body shop with a TIG welder can fill that minor imperfection and grind it down smooth and you can blend it yourself with a some steel wool and elbow grease.  

Once mounted, you won't know it's there.

Edited by DatsunZGuy
Added video

I think it's more of a dent.. you can take that out with a small pulling hammer and a (self made sharp 180 degrees chisel hooking into it). The metall looks like it's chromed when you zoom in.. but it should be stainless all the way... i think?? So after pulling the little dent you should be able to clean it up easely with some steel wool 000 (very fine) and then some polish.