280Z fuel pump noise - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280Z fuel pump noise

Featured Replies

Stock 280Z owners — how noisy is your fuel pump? Can you hear it spin up when you turn on the ignition? Constant running sound while driving? Annoying?

Pretty common for people to hear the aftermarket pumps.  Mounting them loosely in rubber makes the difference.

Some people hear the Walbro 255 pump even when it's mounted well.  It pumps way more volume than the system needs and will make noise due to the strain of pumping through small lines.

3 hours ago, JayZ12 said:

 Constant running sound while driving? Annoying?

Oh yeah, I have a 6to1 header with 2.5" exhaust. Could be why I never hear mine. :love:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Mine isn't noisy but they are known to get that way or so I've read.

Here's a good read that might be helpful. Some tips on quietening one down.

https://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fuelpump/index.html

Excellent read and very helpful. Thanks! I’m going to replace the pump with a new one and implement these cushioning suggestions. 

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Must report I just completed this project of replacing my fuel pump with a new original stock one, with increased noise/vibration dampening, and the results are amazing! The new pump is virtually silent. Thanks again for the tips. Winning!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.