IGNORED

Official Nismo Battery for 1981 280ZX

Car54280ZX

Hello everyone. I’m taking my 1981 280ZX to the International Show in July 2022 in Alabama. Every time I search on line I get tons of non Nissan battery brands.  

Does a genuine NISMO Nissan 12 volt battery even exist? I want it to be the premium NISSAN battery, with logos, since the judges take note of these things. 

I want to get the Primo Primo Nissan 12 volt battery with the logo on the battery. Can anyone provide any help? Thank you! I won 1st place in the Peoples Choice  in the 2021 Brandon Missouri ZFest and took 2nd place twice in the Route 66 Car Show in Springfied Illinois. So, I have a contender but I need an exclusive Nissan battery!!

Interesting question?

I’ve never really considered it, and just assumed it’s one of those things that can’t really be original.

I would probably just buy a black battery, remove the sticker, and see if you could find some old stickers to reproduce. That or go with plain black.

I could be totally wrong and am interested to see what others say.

And I don’t think Nismo did any special batteries, and they were not founded until later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That’s mine. Now with three awards. 

If the judges take points for a soiled gas cap, I’m sure they will notice the battery!

They even take away points if my valve cover is powder coated instead of natural aluminum! These judges are tough. 

I can’t enter mine as original since I made the mistake of powder coating the valve cover. I have to enter it as “modified” despite everything else being  absolutely original! 🤬 Very tough judges. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Car54280ZX said:

I can’t enter mine as original since I made the mistake of powder coating the valve cover. I have to enter it as “modified” despite everything else being  absolutely original! 🤬 Very tough judges. 

In the ZCCA "Stock" class the cars are judged on how well they represent the original factory appearance and equipment as it rolled out of the factory. If the valve cover is your only change, you can take a chance in the Stock class knowing you will give up points for that item. The first round judges are usually not that harsh as many of them are actually other owners with only limited judging experience. The advantage of electing the "Street Modified" class is that the judging switches to not so much "what" you have done but rather "how well" it has been done. Attention to detail and cleanliness are the deciding factors at this point. The first round judging decides all of the class awards and "Best ..." awards.

For first round cars finishing with 290 or more points, it is the second round judging that really gets crazy intense. All of the judges will be very experienced in prior ZCCA events and they will be ruthless for the Gold Medallion and Gold Cup contenders.

Good luck and have fun at the big dance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much for the comments. Not sure how many points I would lose. Forgot to mention that I had the manifold powder coated too. Only the judges would see that. Underside is all sandblasted and clean too. Including springs. Looks like new except for a few blemishes on the original paint system.