IGNORED

Getting a few extra inches of leg room

hotsho111

13 hours ago, Dave WM said:

I wonder if the 280z has more leg room, I am 6'3 and have plenty of leg room with the seat in the rear most position. 

Okay, but some people have a long torso and others have (like me.. ) long legs..

Has someone tall here (6 foot 3 and bigger) ever sat in a 370z cabriolet?  I was stuck between the seat.. in the rear position.. and the dashboard, did not fit AT ALL !!  I was very disappointed.. to say the least.. :cry: 

Managed to get the seat out today. I've added some pictures of the floor and the seat bottom.

I took a look at the rails and don't see a convenient way to shift them so I can get more leg room. The seat belt retainer is also a bit too bulky to be mounted on the pillar

Any ideas?

20220505_112531.jpg

20220505_113322.jpg

Ya, I'll probably need to do that for the belts.

Any thoughts on the seat rails? It looks like the OEM rails, I just wonder if the brackets have been shifted forward a bit so the farthest back stop is now a bit too far forward for someone tall

Edited by hotsho111

@SteveJ do you have pictures of how your retractor is attached? The retractor on those roadster belts (from the pictures at least) look very similar to what I've got and I can't mount that on the roof mount unless it's rotated a lot which seems bad

Thank you! Mine look very similar so I might just need a spacer to make it work.

I have some other good news on the seat rail too I think because the retractor was blocking it a ton of gunk had built up so it seemed like the rail couldn't go back all the way. After using some persuasion and greasing it up I can get the rails to travel the full length now. With the retractor removed and the seat reinstalled I get much more reasonable leg room. I might try and adjust the pedals to be a little further back but it's much better than it was.

I just need to figure out a solution for the seatbelt and i should be good to go

• Like 1

Rotating the seat belt harness around and adjusting the bracket a bit it fits with the seat all the way back. I'm not in love with it but I at least have something that works.

The seat belt rubs against the rear storage lip a bit more than I'd like, so I'm still thinking about some alternate solutions, but I've at least got something working for now

• Like 3