electric cooling fan switch - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

electric cooling fan switch

Featured Replies

I am looking to install an electric cooling fan switch in the upper thermostat housing . anybody know where to purchase one, and what temp would I want for the fan to come on with a 180 degree thermostat .also what about the thread size if anybody knows that . thanks

 

You can buy a simple thermostat kit and the thermostat switch should fit in the position for the thermotime switch on the 280ZX thermostat housing.-

 

Screenshot_20220414-202038.jpg

  • Author
18 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

 

You can buy a simple thermostat kit and the thermostat switch should fit in the position for the thermotime switch on the 280ZX thermostat housing.-

 

Screenshot_20220414-202038.jpg

 

  • Author

american volt sells the switch but I can't find out what the threads are. 

  • Author
36 minutes ago, kully 560 said:

I am looking to install an electric cooling fan switch in the upper thermostat housing . anybody know where to purchase one, and what temp would I want for the fan to come on with a 180 degree thermostat .also what about the thread size that is in the thermostat cover as I would like to install the switch there if anybody knows that . thanks

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I think the sizes are as follows. You should be able to find a M12 easy enough or tap the 1/4" out to 3/8" NPT.

Temp gauge: M16×1.5mm

Thermotime: M14×1.5mm

Water temp: M12×1.5mm (for fuel injection control)

Water temperature switch: 1/4" BSPT. (Not the same as NPT. Has 19 threads per inch and NPT has 18.)

Screenshot_20220414-212715.jpg

 

Screenshot_20220414-215241.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.