IGNORED

Connector specifications

JagoBlitz

Hello,

ist there a list of connectors which were used in the Fairladies? 

I would like to build a complete new harness and if it is possible I would like to do that with the original-style connectors.
Does anybody know the manufacturers and respective connector series that were used? That would really help my search.

I know that I can get some of the connectors at http://www.vintageconnections.com/, but I live in Germany and would like to source the parts locally or at least inside the EU.

Thank you very much.

JagoBlitz

The connectors were made in Japan. I would be surprised if you found a source in the EU. The factory service manual (FSM) has most of the connectors drawn in the EE section. Some of the connectors, such as for the 74 and later, are essentially not available (headlight connectors, distributor connectors, voltage regulator connectors, and even many of the harness interconnections). If they are available, no one has made a source widely known in this forum.

Most of my hands on experience is with the later years (280's), and on those, pretty much all the connector stuff on the Z's was made by Yazaki.

Logo is sorta an arrowhead and it looks like this:
P1060297a.JPG

yazaki logo.jpg

Some of the fuel injection stuff used on the 280's is AMP. But other than that, it's probably Yazaki.

Edited by Captain Obvious

Thank you very much.

If I cannot get the complete connectors I can at least try to get new crimp contacts and reuse the connector housings.
I am not a big fan of cutting the wires behind the old connectors and soldering them to a new harness.