1969-1970 240Z Windshield Thickness - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1969-1970 240Z Windshield Thickness

Featured Replies

Does anyone know what the OEM windshield thickness was for the 240Z? 

Just checked the original windshield removed from my 7/70, and it measures 7mm (.275") thick.

  • Author

Is there some factory documentation that can verify the OEM thickness?

From the US L-Drive fiche, item "9", I assume from the image below "T = 6.0mm" = Thickness = 6.0mm. Same on my R-Drive fiche.

image.png

Interesting, mine is definitely closer to 7mm thick, and to the best of my knowledge is original, I've owned the car since 1978. Here are a couple of pics while measuring. First one is lower left corner, 0.267" (6.78mm), near the Nissan OEM marking.  And the second is 0.273" (6.93mm) at the upper edge near center. Possibly 6mm is a minimum tolerance?

20211104_062607.jpg

20211104_063631.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Found this topic about windshields, @PrincePaulwhat is the source for the OEM windshield thickness of 6.76mm that you mention in the first post?

 

@CanTechZ Front is 6,76mm and rear 3,85 mm acc. to the glass manufacturer. I measured the following front: 6,52 mm and rear 3,66 mm on my 78" 280Z.

I don´t know exactly where they got that information, but as I´m aware off there where just so many glass thicknesses available and together with the intermediate foil it comes down to the values they supplied.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.