IGNORED

Ignition switch trim ring

Trnelson

So my original key switch had a minor idiosyncrasy in that the key had to be in just the right spot in order for it to turn. I ordered a new assembly which seems to be of high quality and works as it should. However, the trim ring is too small by about 1.3mm, to fit around the new key switch.  The car is a 71 and I’m not sure if the switch I have replaced was original or not. The new switch looks like crap without a trim ring around it and I don’t think I can live with it. Before I go monkeying with trying to stretch out the trim ring, are there alternative rings that will fit replacement switches?  Can the old tumbler be refurbished to work without fiddling with it every time you turn the key?  
Thanks for any advice 

I don't think the trim ring was intended for that type switch. Unfortunately the type switch that used the trim ring went NLA many years ago. I last bought one 8 years ago. It was a Beck Arnley 201-1179, and inside the box the switch was bagged with a Nissan part number label.

The switch you have should work. It just won't look the same.