IGNORED

How do i hook up new power antenna?

ya.. i just want to know if i can use present power antenna wires to hook up the new modern antenna.. and if it would be controlled by the switch or by radio going on and off or key switch,,,  i just dont want to run new wires and im no genius to hook up resistors....

The OE antenna had two power wires running from the switch - one to raise it and one to lower it. The antenna was grounded thru the body. Unless your new antenna has similar wiring, it probably won't work the same. Many newer antennas raise as soon as the radio power comes on and automatically retract when the radio is switched off. Check the wiring set-up on the new one to see if you can replicate the OE current flow and run the power thru your antenna switch.

ya jfa... i dont need to do it the same... i was just wondering if there was a way to run the up/down switch wire to the back of the radio wire so it goes up and down when radio goes on off ?? there must be a way....

new antenna has a green red black   

antenna.jpg

Edited by Shawninvancouver

finally got all the power wires located... power from the switch ( switch worked with both power ) did not make it to antenna bullet connectors... i followed harness back below brake lights and a big worn away part of harness..  found the two wires there and bingo.. power.. now need to hook up antenna...