'78 280z injectors not receiving power - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'78 280z injectors not receiving power

Featured Replies

I recently took my alternator out and put it back in, but the car will no longer fire. I used starter fluid and confirmed that the engine was sparking at the right time but there was no fuel. I used a noid light to confirm that the injectors are receiving no signal. What would be the most common causes of this issue and how would I check them?

  • Author

An extra part of information: My friend who was helping out accidentally touched a wrench to the positive terminal of the battery while the negative terminal was still connected. He wasn't harmed but that may have caused this issue.

  • Author

Here is the fusebox, it looks fine to me.B4C43153-76A3-4C9A-A8E5-570BC35A46B2.jpeg

Seems, looks like, some are missing? I had a bad alternator that back charged mine and popped all fuses. Sucked being me parts store replaced the alternator but that's all.

0c7f4d94b0db49a03583252a8187411d.png

 

Edited by siteunseen

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Injector power comes from the EFI relay and the fusible links.  1978 has two green links connected directly to the battery positive terminal.  Use a meter to test for voltage before using a noid light to test for current.

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.