IGNORED

Where is Fuel return line?

28 minutes ago, Shawninvancouver said:

Apparently it’s the vent that is capped off with red cap.  Fuel return is there in white heat cover.  I know the mechanical fuel pump.  Where is the electric fuel pump.  Can someone show me this??

Um, yeah. I said that a couple of times about the vent line.

Find the electric fuel pump...https://www.classiczcars.com/files/category/12-260z/

• Haha 1

Not sure where the problem is here.  I will have to check the electric fuel pump by the engine.  Also. This car had triple carbs at one point in time. Not sure what they did with the fuel return and vent after they were taken out and original su put back in. See if you can tell in the attached photo.thanks. 

DAC7BEF2-1E53-490B-9DA4-3F71542321D3.jpeg

90C12401-52D6-496E-8FC3-92584A2DBEB1.jpeg

4B852D84-C4B3-4204-B58B-6644CDB725E2.jpeg

6BA458E7-53E0-48FC-B542-F21CAADC3ACA.jpeg

If it has a electric fuel pump it will be back by the front of the tank. Granted that the car I'm familiar with is a '73 240Z and my electric fuel pump was added at the dealership after complaints about vapor locking, that's also when the asbestos insulation was added to the fuel rail. I was not aware that the electric pump was stock on the 260Z, but since you have the asbestos insulation on your fuel rail I would guess that you also have the electric pump back in front of the fuel tank. The thing I don't see in your pictures is when the dealership did the electric pump and insulation they added a fuel pressure regulator just before the mechanical fuel pump. The factory update sent to the dealerships for adding the electric fuel pump and other stuff to address the vapor lock issue is in this linked PDF;

https://www.classiczcars.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=55316