IGNORED

Help identifying my 280Z

LewdMeat

Hi all,

I need help identifying my 280Z. On all of the documents I got (Bill of Sales, Certificate of Titles etc.) it's stated that it's a 1977 year model (California model if that matters). 

binder-image8.jpg-FLLR0jXe-j.jpg

The plate on the driver side door says 11/76. 

I stumbled upon this thread talking about the difference of the rear panel of 76 and 77 280Zs.
Edit: forgot to put in the link: 280Z differences (Timeline) - Open Discussions - The Classic Zcar Club (classiczcars.com)
I checked mine and it has only one slot on the driver side, making it a 1977 model...?

Now I don't know which parts I need to order. Those of 76 or from 77.

What are other characteristics of 76 or 77 models?

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by LewdMeat

21 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I have a 9/76 build date and it's considered a 1977. Has the sloped up rear deck with a space saver spare tire, collapsed with the a can of air. N47 cylinder head stamp on top of an N42 block.

VIN# 355,834

I just checked mine and it also has a sloped up rear deck towards the hatch. Since mine is built later than yours, can I assume it's considered a 77 then? For example I'm looking for a carpet set atm and there's a set for 76 and one for 77 on zcardepot.com

1 minute ago, LewdMeat said:

I just checked mine and it also has a sloped up rear deck towards the hatch. Since mine is built later than yours, can I assume it's considered a 77 then? For example I'm looking for a carpet set atm and there's a set for 76 and one for 77 on zcardepot.com

Yes, you have a '77 and that rear hatch carpet piece would be different versus a 1976 rear carpet. The '76 would be too short for the slope up.

8 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Yes, you have a '77 and that rear hatch carpet piece would be different versus a 1976 rear carpet. The '76 would be too short for the slope up.

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, LewdMeat said:

Thank you very much!

I think you should make it clear to the carpet supplier you have the early 1977 with the sloped up rear deck. After some time I am not positive all 1977s have that. Send an email or a phone call to be sure.

Sorry for any confusion.

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I think you should make it clear to the carpet supplier you have the early 1977 with the sloped up rear deck. After some time I am not positive all 1977s have that. Send an email or a phone call to be sure.

Sorry for any confusion.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LewdMeat said:

Auto manufacturers always begin building next year’s cars in the middle of the current year. Your car, with a build date of 11/76 is a 1977 model year car.