IGNORED

New fuel pump/tank process

ernesto

I recently had the fuel tank refurbished on my 1975 280Z  (fuel injection). I’m also going to put on a new OEM fuel pump. It has had both of them off for about six months, so I’m wondering when I put the gas tank and fuel pump on do I need to bleed any lines or just let the fuel pump do its work. I have no experience with fuel injection.

Thanks

E

When you have everything back together, prime the system by temporarily disconnecting the small wire on the starter solenoid and turning the key to start.  About 10 seconds should do it.  Excess fuel will flow back to the tank thru the return line.   Re-connect solenoid and start car.  Check for leaks at pump and tank connections.

Make sure you use fuel injection rated clamps on anything after and including the pump output side.  Not those cheap gear clamps.  

• Like 1

S30Driver,

That worked as advertised. I ran the ignition in start for 10 seconds with the lead to the S terminal of the starter/solenoid disconnected. Then reconnected the starter S lead and the car started on the first turn! Thanks!

Dutchzcarguy,

I put 2 1/2 gallons in an empty tank and the car started.

E

• Thanks 1