IGNORED

Painting the ZX

Reptoid Overlords

So I finally got my engine/drivetrain how I want it, now it's time to make a mockery of auto body work. 

1st time prepping/painting a car.  I got some booth time and a bit of mentoring for some primer.  It's a Bondo machine that's for sure. I'm not trying to win any beauty pageants, just have some fun. I'll be happy if it's a 10 footer. 

Not much can be worse than it was before.

prep1.jpg

prep2.jpg

prep4.jpg

prep5.jpg

prep6.jpg

primer1.jpg

primer4.jpg

primer3.jpg

primer2.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

About as good as I'm going to get it. I've got some coilovers from TechnoToyTuning on order.  Spendy, but I've just not been ok with the ride height. It's currently on Eibach loweing springs. Hope to get some Rota Shakotan wheels someday. For now, I'll just run it and enjoy it.

Zh.jpg

Zg.jpg

Zf.jpg

IMG_20190716_162504_optimized_optimized_optimized.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Thanks!  Nothing to speak of.  I installed some T3 coilovers a few weeks ago, and put a few pictures on the what did you do with your Z thread.  I love them. Spendy, but it sure does zip around corners. 

I am driving it while it's still nice weather, then during the winter i will try to figure out wheel offset/tires and replace the turbo wheels. I'm thinking of Rota Shakotan or gold Rota RKR.

I did end up with a Honda scooter with a 70cc kit and a Mukini carb.

Zk.jpg

Zl.jpg

Zm.jpg

Scooter1.jpg