IGNORED

OT: What car next??

Zpeed

hehe. no worries.

speaking of confusion,i made a mistake on the sprinters laptime: it didnt do a laptime of 1:02 (which is probably a lap record by about 20 seconds). It was more like 2:02.

Hmmm.. if you want a car with a 4age in it, the twin cam corollas (86-90, AE82), SX Corollas (AE92) and the first of the MR2's had em. I have a Twin Cam Corolla with no problems to speak of, and a few mates have the MR2's. None of them are BLINDINGLY quick, but you can rev em to 8500rpm all day with no probs. The MR2's also handle really well, but I'd expect that from a Mid-engined car. They're heaps of fun to drive, but they do look a bit 80's now, still, who cares what they look like when you're fanging your mini-ferrari around the corners! ROFL

I had a AE92 corolla but it had alot of small problems that were gonna cost big money. Toyota also overpriced new parts I couldn't believe they wanted $120 for just a rubber piece that goes on the intake after the airfilter.

It wasn't a bad car you could really rev it if you liked but I could never really do it in mine because some timing cover seal was leaking and everytime I'd rev over 4000rpm or less it would squeal like a pig.

It was good on fuel and it had a nice interior etc.. but not sure if I'd get another I guess I'd have to find one with lower K's mine had done 290,000 and low k's examples are very highly priced $$$ over priced in my opinion but the main reason for it's departure was the fact that I was using it as a daily driver so i could save $$$ and restore a 73' 240z but It ended up having problems and it was broken into just like Zpeed's car was stolen but mine was vandalised and over $2000 worth of damage so I ended up selling it off and buying the current 240z I have now.

don't want a AE92 they are FWD... would consider a AW11 MR2, but they are 2 seaters, and rather get another Z 2 seater than a MR2 2 seater,

I am most properly getting the 200zr, check is hopefully coming in by friday, then i'll be giving the guy a deposit, and making him get a RWC, and everything will be all sorted

I had a '90 300zx and they are fun, should have a LSD standard and they just stick to the road, pretty low and hard standard as well and look very cool. Are they that expensive over there?

The 200zr would be good but it's the old shape, also being a Jap only model it might be hard to get parts.

What about a 4L v8 Soarer, they should be about the same price as those others but will probably be auto though.

Well for the cars he mentioned, they turn 15 years old, which means they can be imported with less costs to pay to the Aus government, I think. Not entirely sure about how it all works, but you'll be able to have a TT 300zx landed for less than 10k...

for the 15+ import rule, the car doesn't need to be complied, just need to comply with a few basic normal rules, that cost less than 1000 to do, rather the 4-6k that newer cars cost to do, becuase of the rule

but right now with the new SEVS rules, they havnt giving any place the compliance plates and licenses to comply cars, which is stuffingg alot of people around.. but soon you will be able to import newer cars, but they have to be completly standerd to be complied...

looks like i am buying the 200zr, should be in the driveway by next week or the week after hopefully, i'll get some pictures up soon, needs some minor things for RWC, such as rear diff mount, and some basic brake stuff done/../.

nathan,

ive got a website which has a detailed list with the new rules what you can and cant bring in, ill dig it up and post it.

the problem with the new rules is that its now impossible to obtain a import permit to bring in a car for yourself, you have to be a registered car importer, i just tried to bring in a supra a couple of weeks ago, modifications to the cars are ok as long as it can be complied.