IGNORED

Just saying hello

mailnome

• 1 month later...

Busy month and very little non family extracurricular time. Down to 2-3 hours a week if I’m lucky.

Basically a few tweaks and a shave or two here and there with a file and it’s good to go. I have to decide if I need to deal with the rabbit hole on the right first before welding. I may want to cut there while I have good access.

7ef9740d95c446e3a94f2ce9eed7f046.jpg

Also as I slowly go along, I am trying to decide on my approach for the right body rail. It’s either drill out the welds and reproduce almost the whole thing. Or cut it horizontally staying down at least a 1/2” and saving the original spot welded flange. Either is going to be a lot of work.

2ae50ff35872ad3e2af91607218adf8d.jpg

579637eae87e32723794cff2ec25e293.jpg

Right now I’m leaning towards cutting horizontal, I think I will make it slightly less complex to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, mailnome said:

Right now I’m leaning towards cutting horizontal, I think I will make it slightly less complex to build.

Yes, at first i thought that too but if the sides (and bottom)  are that bad, you will not have enough thickness of steel most times and it will become a mess.

A beam that looks that way is very thin on the spots were there are no holes.. there are "almost holes" a lot! 

So replacing is key. (keep also a eye on the straightness while taking this beam out.. (you already took out that crossmember a 280 has between those underside beams or was it already missing? it sits just under the propshaft.) 

Edited by dutchzcarguy

It’s a ZX though. If Classic Fab made them, I would buy them. Only ones available are not very stock looking.

Still have a while to decide and many other spots to patch while I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk