IGNORED

Door Handle Baffle - Parts Question

HappyZ

I’m reassembling my door latch assembly.  On the parts list, attached and highlighted, what is the Door Handle Baffle?  I have two 1971 240Zs and neither of them have what looks like the diagram.  My guess it is a bracket that goes on the inside of the door to support the handle.

Does anyone know what this is?

Open S30_6b.png

The early cars, have a welded doubling plate that serves the purpose of this plate in later cars. If you have that plate, (it has a 90 degree sticking out part at the bottom) then you don’t need this “baffle”. It won’t fit anyway with the welded angled plate. 

image.jpg

Thanks [mention=11371]zKars[/mention]! So we’re on the same page. On the inside of the door, where the two bolts come through, there will be a plate welded (on the inside of the door panel). If the plate isn’t there, then I’ll need the baffle. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, no welded plate, you need the baffle. It’s a flat plate with two holes, bit of shape, but if didn’t have them, I’d make them them a sheet of 20 gauge sheet metal. Hardly worth the postage to send you a pair. I can take measurements and post that if you like