IGNORED

Wipers Always On...!

Tirnipgreen

Trying to diagnose why my 1973 wipers are on all of the time and can't be shut off. Any ideas...?

I am getting close to finishing the restoration and installed a battery. At first, they didn't work at all...now always on.

I appreciate any help...Ryals

Edited by Tirnipgreen
Had something else to add

Hey Steve...!

Yes it is a 73. Chet and I got it running the other day. No unusual noises, but it is starved for fuel after about 15 seconds...maybe the fuel pump isn't pumping properly...? The wiper issue is just annoying at this point. I am also looking for an early (70-72) exhaust downpipe in good condition if you know of one available.

All the best...Ryals

Edited by Tirnipgreen
Had something else to add

The wiring for the 73 wiper circuit is very different from the other 240Zs. That was the first year for the intermittent wiper setting. I was trying to diagnose someone else's 73, and I found that the wiring diagram in the FSM didn't match the wiring in the car. The wiring for that circuit did match the 74 FSM, though. I suggest that you look at the BE section for the 74 to help you with diagnostics.

16 hours ago, SteveJ said:

The wiring for the 73 wiper circuit is very different from the other 240Zs. That was the first year for the intermittent wiper setting.

For a 240z in the US. version..  A euro version had it already in 1972 for as far i know.

But anyway. it could be that there is a defect (short circuit ) in your wiper (itermittent) electronics that make them go all the time..  or the return contact in the motor is  the culprit. (it sits in the wipermotor.)