IGNORED

choke lever bracket

qz16

Its been a while since I have posted on this site.  Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been trying to fab a choke cable lever bracket with no success.  This is the bracket that mounts under the center console.  There is a single slot in my console.  There are different brackets, series one does not fit my setup.  As I understand it a 1972 – 1973 240z or a 260z choke lever bracket will work.  I know this from experience as I have already bought a series one before I found out it would not fit.   I would like to either: borrow a bracket so that I can copy it, or buy a bracket at a reasonable price.  As always thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

q

I bought 2 from art singer on ebay. They work great. You have to be really careful installing, take your time and make sure the choke light button is right. His instructions are minimal at best but you can find way better info off the internet from others that have installed them.

Edited by siteunseen

Siteunseen - thanks for your response.  In your picture there are two different pieces of metal.  One is silver and it is a re-enforcement / relocation bracket to take the strain off the console.  I have this plate.  The other is a yellow plated bracket.  I need this bracket as well as the lever.  Does art sell both the yellow metal and lever or just the silver relocation bracket?

Thank you

Edited by qz16

1 minute ago, qz16 said:

Siteunseen - thanks for your response.  In your picture there are two different pieces of metal.  One is silver and it is a re-enforcement / relocation bracket to take the strain off the console.  I have this plate.  The other is a yellow plated bracket.  I need this bracket as well as the lever.  Does art sell both the yellow metal and lever or just the silver relocation bracket?

Thank you

That yellow one is the oem that mounts to the console. The flat one singer makes is to mount it to the tunnel getting off the plastic console. The oem does not come with singer's plate.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts to help.

Siteunseen - I have bought parts from zKars in the past, but for some reason he did not come to mind.  Guess I am getting old.  Anyway it was a great suggestion and I appreciate it - thank you.  zKars is great he had exactly what I needed and spared no effort to get it in the mail today.  Can't say enough good things about him.

• Like 2