IGNORED

9/71 240z Fuel line Vapor

Joseph Gramignano

I just bought the stainless brake line kits and the fuel line and the fuel return for my 9 of 1971 240z, but there is one extra line that runs from the rear to the engine compartment. I  have 4 lines that run along the trans for my 240z, the main brake line that runs to the master cylinder, a fuel line to the filter and a fuel line to the other side of the engine im assuming the fuel return, but there is also one smaller line that also runs to the fuel filter and connects to another hose, would this be the Fuel Vapor line? on all the places to buy a fuel vapor line they say only for a 72 but mines a 9 of 71 so i wasnt sure if i need this fuel vapor line too

Joseph, the fuel supply and return lines are routed to the right side of the engine bay - the return is a direct connect to the fuel rail. There is a vapor line from the tank that routes to the left side of the engine bay and connects to the flow guide valve mounted just below the ballast resistor (under the coil).

7 hours ago, Joseph Gramignano said:

Awesome thanks. So I can go ahead and assume since it’s a 9 of 71 I should buy the 72 fuel vapor line. Since I don’t see anyone selling one for a 71 240z

What is the VIN on your Z?  Both the 1971 and 1972 Model Year Datsun 240'z were built in 09/71.  It don't think it really matters as both had the fuel vapor line...  Part Number is the same up to 06/72, then it was superseded by the next part number up to 07/73. 

Edited by Carl Beck

1 hour ago, Carl Beck said:

What is the VIN on your Z?  Both the 1971 and 1972 Model Year Datsun 240'z were built in 09/71.  It don't think it really matters as both had the fuel vapor line...  Part Number is the same up to 06/72, then it was superseded by the next part number up to 07/73. 

Yes - my 9/71 is titled 71 . Transition month for sure 

12 hours ago, Joseph Gramignano said:

Mine is an HLS30 ,.. 33865 or 38865 or something but it is an S30 

It its 33xxx it is a 06/71 build date - if it is 38xx it is a 07/71 build date.  #42464 seems to start 09/71 build dates..