IGNORED

Oil Filter Relocation?

texasz

Has anyone done an oil filter relocation on an S30?  If so do you have pix and the relocation kit you used?  I thought that there was a kit for the Z though I was not having much luck finding it nor pictures of people who had done this to see where the filter's new location was.

1 minute ago, crayZlair said:

Just curious as to why you are thinking about doing this ???

The location on the side of the block where it is seems like a poor location.  Every time one changes the oil it seems like it would make a huge mess all down the side of the block, starter, etc.

I’ve never installed an oil filter relocation kit on one of these, but you could probably use an oil cooler adapter from a 280zx turbo automatic, and then if you didn’t want to use the old cooler just cap the lines off. It would be a factory fit and it keeps the oil filter off the block. It doesn’t really make a mess any time I pulled an oil filter off one.

2 hours ago, texasz said:

The location on the side of the block where it is seems like a poor location.  Every time one changes the oil it seems like it would make a huge mess all down the side of the block, starter, etc.

Never had much of an issue getting oil on the starter. The side of the block cleans up pretty easy. Just my $.02.