IGNORED

Crank snout turning nut

Patcon

I'm anxious to know if it fits!! You mean I have to wait until the weekend???   :ph34r:

I was also thinking about your frozen motor dilemma... I was wondering if a couple tablespoons of evaporust in each of the bores might help break down any rust between the walls and the rings. It's aluminum safe, so pistons would be OK. Do you have the oil pans off?

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm anxious to know if it fits!! You mean I have to wait until the weekend???   :ph34r:

I was also thinking about your frozen motor dilemma... I was wondering if a couple tablespoons of evaporust in each of the bores might help break down any rust between the walls and the rings. It's aluminum safe, so pistons would be OK. Do you have the oil pans off?

Possibly...

I had wondered if there were a product that would help break down the corrosion and not damage the pistons

The Evaporust stuff won't work on generic corrosion. It only works on "real" rust (iron oxide). It a chelating agent and I'm no chemist, but from what I've read It works by actually dissolving the iron oxide and putting it into solution. So if the problem is real rust on the steel cylinder walls and steel rings, it might help. But if the problem is white corrosion on aluminum pistons jamming up the works, then I don't think it will do much to help.

The reason I was asking about the oil pan is that evaporust and similar stuff is water based and will (hopefully?) run past the rings and end up in the pan. You might not want a bunch of tablespoons of anything water based in the pan.