IGNORED

My restoration on Youtube

CEgg11

Hey everybody - it's been a while since I posted here. I am beginning a build on a 240 and I thought I'd chronicle the process on youtube. I'd sure appreciate it if you drop by and look at the first video - it'll be weeks before there's another. I just had surgery and I can't get to work for a bit. As with every YT guy, I'd also ask for your subscription. Thanks again! here's the link 

https://youtu.be/F9qK0DDeI2w

It's a 72 240 that looks like a former drag car, considering the clues I've found along the way. It'll have a John Williams built L28, running "real" SU 2" carbs. Should be fun! 

Just curious.  I've been watching a few different youtube channels and the producers of the channel often ask viewers to click the subscribe button.  But I  don't understand what happens when a person "subscribes".  So, what happens?  Why is it important?

40 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Just curious.  I've been watching a few different youtube channels and the producers of the channel often ask viewers to click the subscribe button.  But I  don't understand what happens when a person "subscribes".  So, what happens?  Why is it important?

Google can find the answers to almost anything: https://itstillworks.com/benefits-subscribing-youtube-8730193.html

8 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Thanks.  The other part of the question is how does the guy with the channel benefit?  Why are they asking people to subscribe?  You can see the number of views on the page.

You can get stats on your videos whether or not people subscribe. I have a channel that consists mostly of Z videos, though I don't really pay much attention to stats or subscribers. For me it's a way to share some of my Z car experiences and other things I think are cool.

I think if you are popular enough, you can get monetized, getting a cut of what YouTube makes from advertisers. 

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

If a creator gets over 1K subscribers, they can start getting money from ad revenue. I don't know if I'll ever get that many, but why not try? It won't cost you anything, just hitting the button.