IGNORED

Late 240z front bumper "transformation" to early tighter fit 240z?

Bettan_85

Hi! I've got this bumper on my -73 240z. It is in good shape, however as you can see it sticks out very far from the body (with rubber underneath). I would like to transform/convert it for a much tighter fitment (like early 240z). Is there any guide/know how on how to do this? I suppose cutting the metal spacer (as seen in clearly in photo 3), perhaps weld some new mounting points? Or perhaps the shape of this one simply will not ever get that tight fitment due to other specs? But it looks like one could get it back 6-7 cm/2-3 inches also on the sides? 

IMG_1681.jpg

Mounting/underneath:

IMG_1894.jpg

Another picture: 

IMG_1891.jpg

How I would like it to fit :): 

hqdefault.jpg

And I guess, one could buy an early EU spec front bumper and attach it, perhaps with conversion brackets, but I'm primarily interested in transforming my existing one ? 

Thanks!! 

I used '73 front bumper mounts to put early bumpers on my 260Z. (found a '73 in a yard with a set of early bumpers in the hatch)IMG_0606.JPG

I found it extremely funny that these mounts are SO overly beefy for such a stupidly light bumper. But, as you can see they just bolt to the frame rail (with four possible bolt locations) - flat on the side of the rail. They are fairly thick, but you can just figure the spacing you want to achieve and drill new mounting holes. Four bolts each are just overkill - like the mounts themselves. Nissan, trying to keep the U.S. Govt. regulators happy.

IMG_0591.JPG