IGNORED

seat cushions reversable?

chaseincats

Hi guys,

As I'm assuming for many of us, the foam in the passenger seat cushion is in better shape than that of the driver's side.  I've done a bunch of research and the jury seems to be split on if the seat cushions can be swapped between the two seats.

Has anyone tried/had any luck in swapping them?

-chase

Per the MSA site, the foam cushions are NOT L/R specific. You should be able to swap them from one side to the other.

BTW - if there has been some crushing over the years, consider adding some upholstery foam sheeting. It is available in various thicknesses.  Been there, done that!

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Per the MSA site, the foam cushions are NOT L/R specific. You should be able to swap them from one side to the other.

BTW - if there has been some crushing over the years, consider adding some upholstery foam sheeting. It is available in various thicknesses.  Been there, done that!

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot and report back

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this thread. I tried to switch the passenger/driver seat bottoms on my 260z today and the mounting holes for the reclining mechanism don't line up. So the foam might be identical, but you'll need to switch the entire seat unless you want to pull out the foam. Switching the entire seat could work but the reclining mechanisms with be on the wrong side of the seats.