IGNORED

No heat

arcdef

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

If you're not planning to reinstall a vacuum bottle it's kind of moot.  Pointless.  Can't really drive around sucking on a tube to get heat.

Would a direct vacuum line from the engine not work then?

I think a direct vacuum line from the engine would work fine. You could install a little check valve in the line so that vacuum applied to that cokk would not be able to bleed off back into the intake manifold. Never a perfect seal, but would probably slow the bleed-off down to the point where that cokk would stay open. Might close down again overnight when the engine isn't running, but as long as the engine is running, that cokk would be forced open.

I was only suggesting trying mouth vacuum first (before you invested time running vacuum lines to the engine) because there may be other problems as well. Your heater core might be plugged solid for example. You may have forgotten to connect the heater hoses up in the engine compartment. The mouth vacuum was just a quick way to identify one possible cause for your no heat condition. From where I sit it's the most probable cause, but not the only one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1