IGNORED

Vapor Tank Vent Hose Routing

Tirnipgreen

I am having a hard time finding a picture from underneath a series 2 or 3 240z  (my car is a 73 with round tops) showing the routing of the small vapor hose that comes from the upper left-hand corner of the vapor tank and connects to a steel pipe that goes to the engine compartment. I think it comes down from the vapor tank and through a grommet to the left of the filler tube...when I get underneath the car (gas tank not installed yet) I can't figure out how to run the hose. Does anyone have a picture of this...? Trying to get it right before installing the gas tank...! Thanks...Ryals

Thanks Steve...I will try and find one. It's basically just the small hose coming off the top of the vapor tank...and what happens to it once it goes through the body and underneath the rear of the car...I currently have it looped around the filler neck...and that can't be correct...! Also...the factory grey hose seems to be about 6 inches short of the small nipple on the bottom of the vapor tank...and it is supposed to be NOS...! Thanks for your help...Ryals

SANY1300.JPG

Edited by Tirnipgreen

I'm refurbishing my tank in a 1974 early 260Z.  I took some pictures to be sure it goes back together correctly.......and have one that should help.  Your hose in question goes under the frame and back up into a bendable clip.  Hope this helps!

IMG_0237.JPG

• Like 1