IGNORED

Choke Binding

heyitsrama

Howdy! I have a 260z with 4screw SU's, im using a choke cable out of a 73" 240z and i find that the cable tends to bind, I really have to yank the crap outta the cable and it does not move much.

I came across this video:

and this guy has such a smooth movement of the choke! Is that because the choke is a different year?

Has anyone replaced the choke with a non-oem replacement? I've not been able to find information about this.

Regards,

Did you verify that the replacement cable moved freely before installing it? 

Was it longer than the original? Are there kinks or a sharp angle?

I hang cable up and pour oil down the inside for a few days. Usually frees them right up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnosez said:

Did you verify that the replacement cable moved freely before installing it? 

Was it longer than the original? Are there kinks or a sharp angle?

I hang cable up and pour oil down the inside for a few days. Usually frees them right up.

There was not another cable inside the car so I can’t compare it to anything, but it does seem like there is extra cable. I’ll pull it out and inspect it. The fit between the wire and sleeve seemed tight, is there an easy way to feed oil in between them? 

Or, if you are impatient - or want a more thorough job,  you could use a tool designed specifically for lubing cables. They clamp on where the cable meets the housing and there is an opening for the straw on your spray lubricant of choice. Just Google cable lube tool...