IGNORED

Do you recognise this 240Z?

Jan K

24 minutes ago, jonbill said:

Eautosmart.com is registered to an individual (not a company) in Moscow, Russia.

Wau... That is totally something I did not know... How / where did you find those out? This most likely changes everything...

Thank you so much for this info!

I just send some additional questions to them, f.ex. do they have a phone number to call and discuss and my suggestion for payment (basically CAD, cash against the documents, i.e. title and transfer of ownership). Probably they do not answer or will not accept.. But this starts to be irrelevant...

This thing could be solved very easily if I could get the contact with the current owner of this car (to know whether he/she put it up for sale..).

So there is no official registry where with VIN one could find out official info of the car?

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Somebody start a Chat or send an email.  Post this thread link, maybe they'll respond.

https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/contact_us.html

Zed Head, do you mean this link above? Yes, I've read pretty much all of their pages on their web site..

I've had email conversation going on with them from early on, I'll keep it up for a little while. But thanks to jonbill's findings I will not buy anything from them (well, most likely nothing can be bought..).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Here's some VIN info

Zed Head (and w3wilkes), thanks for the links to the Z registry. I checked those all, couldn't find anything with the VIN I was provided: It is HLS30151223. Most likely it is totally fabricated (to my understanding the structure is ok though). Hotmusclecars.com where I found originally found that Datsun 240Z for sale has now two identical ads of this very same car (atleast the photos are the same), one in TN and one in Virginia (which ad I answered originally).

Hotmusclecars.com is owned by an individual person, also in AZ (different though than with the ones jonbill posted here).

The whole thing (atleast the eAutoSmart Traders) is a hoax.

I just did some further digging in internet about those websites that mention in anyway eAutoSmart or eAutoSmart Traders: https://www.google.com/search?q=eautosmart+traders&client=firefox-b-d&ei=mb4yXumkDrSYk74Pg7im0AE&start=10&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwip1bbmnKvnAhU0zMQBHQOcCRoQ8NMDegQICxA9&biw=1366&bih=626

Every one (every single one) of those so called forum sites that mention eAutoSmart (and of course in quite positive manner) is owned by a one single person (with Bulgarian name) supposedly living in Yuma AZ (as jonbill pointed earlier out about two of them)...! Total scam, the whole thing.

Even a site which to looked like the official Texas dmv portal is owned by that same person (if that really even exists...). I'll start a new thread about this scam to warn everybody else. I think it would be good to spread the word around to as many real forums as possible..

Once again, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE AND HELP IN THIS!! ESPECIALLY ZED HEAD AND JONBILL. I OWE YOU A COUPLE...

• Like 2