IGNORED

Do you recognise this 240Z?

Jan K

On 1/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Zed Head said:

The links I posted were from right-clicking the images.  You get a sub-menu with "search for this image" in it.

If AutoTrader has the car they are in control.  I'm sure that they will pass on questions to the seller.  They have a vested interest, literally, in getting buyer and seller together.  I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer refused to talk to you even if you find him.  There's a reason he chose AutoTrader to help sell his car.

Fun to discuss but kind of weak without the original ad you're looking at.

image.png

It's not for sale through AutoTrader.. The rep of the owner (seller) is eAutoSmart Traders.

On Firefox which I normally use that "search for this image" is not an option.. But will try to use some other browser.

I got the VIN of the car. I've already checked whether the structure of it is the correct; it is. Is it safe to publish it here?

Can one get some more in-depth info from some official registries on the car with the VIN?: Maybe the current owner, whether it really exist (and are not f.ex. written off/salvaged etc.) and so on? If yes, how and where?

Are you being evasive or am I just unclear?  Or did I miss it in a previous post?

This is Classic Z Cars.  Nobody that frequents this site will scoop the V8 modified 240Z out from under you.  No offense, but nobody here wants that car.   

Just post the ad even if it's in Finnish.  We'll use Google translate to figure it out.  Tell us how you know this car is for sale again.

• Thanks 1

I just realized that in my posts on your thread I confused AutoTraders.com with eAutoSmartTraders, LLC.

I found the eAutoSmart web site.   Now that I see it I remember seeing it in the past.  You have to have an inventory number to see what they have.  You can't browse on their site.

https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/index.html

It says that cars are supposed to sell on "Geebo" or Oodle.  https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/sell_cars.html

Overall, the whole thing is just weird.  They seem legit but difficult to deal with as you've found.  Good luck.  I wouldn't buy it, myself. 

https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/aboutus.html

1 hour ago, Jan K said:

I got the VIN of the car. I've already checked whether the structure of it is the correct; it is. Is it safe to publish it here?

Can one get some more in-depth info from some official registries on the car with the VIN?: Maybe the current owner, whether it really exist (and are not f.ex. written off/salvaged etc.) and so on? If yes, how and where?

Here's some VIN info

3 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I just realized that in my posts on your thread I confused AutoTraders.com with eAutoSmartTraders, LLC.

I found the eAutoSmart web site.   Now that I see it I remember seeing it in the past.  You have to have an inventory number to see what they have.  You can't browse on their site.

https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/index.html

It says that cars are supposed to sell on "Geebo" or Oodle.  https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/sell_cars.html

Overall, the whole thing is just weird.  They seem legit but difficult to deal with as you've found.  Good luck.  I wouldn't buy it, myself. 

https://eautosmart.com/consignment-centralstore/aboutus.html

That is the thing why I am suspicious.. But, if they really do what they are promising (deliver the car to my rep's address free of charge and my rep checks the car and test drives it, and not until then I need to pay) I am wondering, where and how I can loose... They have also said that if I (my rep) say ok to the car after the inspection, they send their legal rep to give my rep the title..

That's why I now am trying to figure out whether the car even exist (legally and officially), yhus whether the VIN helps in that..

I have their stock ID; the very same info and pictures which I've seen earlier..

Thanks

Somewhere in the transaction I think that you will be required to put up some money, a deposit.  For example, when buying a house in the States you have to deposit "earnest money" in an escrow account, typically up to 5% of the sale price. That money stays tied up until you either find that the seller has misrepresented something, and you get your money back, or the seller backs out and you get your money back.  That is the risk.  So, if you decide to do it, make sure that you have a very detailed list from the seller representing what is being sold.  If the ad says "240Z with LS3 engine" but says nothing about the quality of the engine, you could be on the hook for a 240Z with a blown up engine.

I would not be surprised if this was a "fishing" type ad.  Get the earnest money or deposit from a prospective buyer, then make things so difficult that the buyer gives up and they keep the money.  A guy in Helsinki is about as ideal as you could imagine for that scheme.

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Somewhere in the transaction I think that you will be required to put up some money, a deposit.  For example, when buying a house in the States you have to deposit "earnest money" in an escrow account, typically up to 5% of the sale price. That money stays tied up until you either find that the seller has misrepresented something, and you get your money back, or the seller backs out and you get your money back.  That is the risk.  So, if you decide to do it, make sure that you have a very detailed list from the seller representing what is being sold.  If the ad says "240Z with LS3 engine" but says nothing about the quality of the engine, you could be on the hook for a 240Z with a blown up engine.

I would not be surprised if this was a "fishing" type ad.  Get the earnest money or deposit from a prospective buyer, then make things so difficult that the buyer gives up and they keep the money.  A guy in Helsinki is about as ideal as you could imagine for that scheme.

I know the escrow account scheme well.

The emails from eAutoSmart Traders say that I do not need to pay anything until I (my rep has) have received the vehicle for inspection. I have 10 days time to inspect it. Then I need to inform whether it is ok or not. If I say ok, I need to pay (not earlier, according to their specific info in the emails, contrary what they have on their webpages). Once I have paid I get the title. If I say not ok, they will take the vehicle away (with no cost to me). That is what they have said. I know it sounds promising but a bit too good to be true..

They have also written via emails: "the car is in good condition, no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition, tires are in good shape, brakes work well. This vehicle has never been into any accident. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear and clean title and it can be registered into your name at any time. Just serviced. We have no knowledge of any hidden defects with this vehicle."

If the car had some according to their "terms and conditions" I have the right to say no thank you after inspection..

As said, sounds promising..

I felt the same way about the car I was looking at.  Too good to be true but the urge to do it anyway was high.

Why don't you offer to buy it and see what happens next?  I'll bet there's a point where you'll have to give something up, either a signed agreement or bank account numbers or something.  

I'd runaway.
Look at this. Apparently a review of eautosmart on an Australian review site.

http://www.aussie-deals.net/aussies-deals/motor-vehicle-america-review/eAutoSmart%20Traders-index-thread-FFgret555.html

But theres nothing else on the site at all. The root redirects to the eautosmart review.
If they're not scam outfit, they're not averse to dodgy marketing practices.

Same here.
https://forumtrike-talk.com/trike-talk/forum/threads/are-safe-to-use-eAutoSmart%20Traders-thread-VV5464WZZ.html

Run.