IGNORED

Heater Hose Clamp

ea6driver

Today I removed the two heater hoses as part of my ongoing effort to restore/refresh the engine compartment.  The shorter heater hose that connects from the aft cylinder head elbow fitting up into the firewall was secured with two clamps that are different than any other clamps on my car.  I've attached a photo of one of them (the other one is identical to this).  I was wondering if these are original or aftermarket/replacements.  If they aren't original to this application, then which ones are?  The longer heater hose was attached with the standard datsun phillips head screw-on clamps that are found elsewhere all over the car. 1978 280Z. Thanks!

heater hose clamp.jpg

Thank you for that info....I suspected as much, just didn't know with certainty.  I searched this site (and other sites as well) for photos showing this heater hose/clamps and didn't see any pics posted with this particular type clamp.  Although possible, I'm guessing it is highly unlikely that this clamp was used only on the 78 year model and only on that one hose.  Unless someone else chimes in with more info, I will just plan on replacing the hose with the clamps grannyknot mentioned in his post.

Hey Don....wow...Woodinville....just down the road from Oak Harbor.   Thanks for the offer...I'll keep you in mind.   I have a whole yard shed filled with Z car spare parts (much to my wife's chagrin) and I believe I'll be able to find what I need among them.  But I do look forward to meeting a fellow local classic z car enthusiast one day soon.  Perhaps during the warm summertime (and after I get my car put back together!)