IGNORED

Stupid fuel line mistake == Stupid question

CaptainMajestic

Hey everyone,

I want to preface this with I am a total dumbass: Basically, I was in a hurry to reinstall my round top carbs on my L28 and accidentally connected the fuel lines to the upper vent instead of the fuel inlet and ran the fuel pump until fuel came out of the front air filters. I'm guessing all I need to do is let the thing air out for a day or so before running, but any advice/concerns are much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Michael

Aweswome, thanks!

Just pulled the air filter assemblies and tried starting the car. It was hesitant to start, but got there with what seems like a weak idle with a light whistle coming from the carb air inlet that sounds a lot like a vacuum leak. Going to check tomorrow to see if this goes away with some extra air out. Another thing, after a bit of running I saw some wispy white smoke coming from the manifold gasket area for cylinder 1, and I'm guessing it's just some residue burning off, but again I'll check tomorrow and update you guys.

• Like 1