IGNORED

Value 1979 280zx

Funny

I thinking of selling my 1979 280ZX but not sure value.  I've owned it for 34 years. Decal on side 280ZXR but not sure what that means. Garage kept but haven't started in years. Would appreciate any feedback. 

Update.. I tried to start and did turn over so getting new battery. So will be running when I sell.

20130918_182158.jpg

20130918_182126.jpg

20130918_182143.jpg

Edited by Funny

Additional information & pictures are needed for anyone to speculate on its value.  A running driving car is usually valued higher.

1009 ZX R's were produced to  homologate  the rear spoiler for competition.   It is a standard zx with special striping & the spoiler added.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Funny said:

Hi, no I haven't gotten a reply. 

Hi, Have you sold the car yet?  These cars are now fetching higher prices i think as the 240z/s30 cars become to expensive for more and more z fans..

I bought one years ago, they went here in europe for a few grand and then they need a lot of restoring.  I now have a 280zx slick roof (a story about this resto is on here..)  and if you bid me 30 grand for the car i have to decline.. 😵

The ZXR was a zx with a spoiler on the rear, yours can be one but you have to find that out.. Carl beck could have a list of these 1009 zxr's chassisnumbers.. i know mine was just 1 digit off of a ZXR..  zxr's were always 2 seaters, personally i can't fit in those, thats why i got a 2+2 280zx.