IGNORED

What is this hole??

toastedboy54

Isn't that hole threaded?  If I recall correctly that hole is for areas that still used carbs like Europe and Australia.  It's a carb mount hole I think. Odd that yours leaks.  You might have a cracked head or somebody drilled through the bottom of the hole for some reason.

If you're sure the head isn't cracked you could just run a threaded allen-head plug in to it with some sealer.  Try to see down the hole to where the coolant is getting in.  If it's from the bottom probably not a big deal.  If it's from the side then probably a problem.

Short answer is it shouldn't be leaking from that hole.

image.png

Isn't that hole threaded?  If I recall correctly that hole is for areas that still used carbs like Europe and Australia.  It's a carb mount hole I think. Odd that yours leaks.  You might have a cracked head or somebody drilled through the bottom of the hole for some reason.
If you're sure the head isn't cracked you could just run a threaded allen-head plug in to it with some sealer.  Try to see down the hole to where the coolant is getting in.  If it's from the bottom probably not a big deal.  If it's from the side then probably a problem.
Short answer is it shouldn't be leaking from that hole.
image.png.7f672c04201f31cbf9d5a41ae5436e93.png

This car is carbed but I still find it funny that it’s the only one leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhhh.... Hard to tell from the lower res pics, but it looks to me like it's not coming out of the carb mount hole. That looks like a completely unintended hole formed by accident. Probably corrosion through the head wall itself into the water jacket?
Can you take a close-up of the hole?

I don’t think it’s threaded but there are three more little holes like that. This being the only leaking one. 0144e12e45f371adb10c8b4f6e04afab.jpgf6f841e6b0fa2ec1b5a39145f353ecca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, none of those little holes are supposed to be there, That's not corrosion though. Someone put those in there on purpose. Wonder what that was all about. Maybe locating pins for a gasket match job gone wrong?

But the clear answer is... Someone drilled through all the way through the head and into the water jacket.  Woof.

CO is right.  I picked the wrong hole.

Is there a similar hole on the other side of the head?  Pins for porting or gasket matching seems likely.  It's shooting a nice big round stream for a corrosion hole.  Seems like it was drilled on purpose.