IGNORED

75 280Z not starting

zclocks

Len, 

Just to be clear I disabled the starter per the manual to make the measurement at pin 4 . I measured the voltage at W47 and the voltage is 9.8 vdc. However, the 

motor starts right up and runs very nice. I did notice that the fuel pressure was at about 5 psi before I started the car. Not sure where the leak down is, but at least it starts.

Ron

Ron,

10-4. As long as it's starting, take the Win! ?

As a teaser, here is how I would check the crank signal using the HellFire ECU on my 77-280.  (I added the two big red arrows in photoshop) Note: the help screen, too. You can't tell from the screenshot, but as you move the mouse over the ECU pins on the help screen, the description changes and tells you what each pin is. I still need to add into the program to show you the actual real time voltage being reported back from the ECU for each pin as you move around.

The actual injector pulse width can be seen in the bottom right as the two yellow positive pulses (around 5ms each). This screen shot was taken in stock L-Jet mode so the ECU is batch firing two injector pulses/cycle.

The second screen (added not because it has anything to do with the crank signal, but I just think it looks cool) is just a snapshot of the VE table as if you were running Speed Density instead of the stock AFM or an aftermarket MAF. Technically since the MAP sensor is on board, the VE table can always be calculated/interpolated even if you are running with the stock AFM. The reported grams/Sec from the stock AFM  can then be compared to the VE table as a sanity check all the time. I haven't decided how to handle the case when the disagree with each other. I'll probably just make it a configurable item and let the user pick which one takes precedence. TPS is also available so there is actually a third Alpha-N table that can be thrown in the mix for even more redundancy if desired.

Len

Hellfire_x2 copy.jpg

Hellfire_x copy.jpg

Len, 

very cool! So is this a program you developing? I wish I had something is see whats going on with my beast.

BTW my voltage is being sucked down by the ignition resistor or what ever is hooked to the IGN wire on the ign switch. when I disconnect both of these 

the voltage jumps back to battery voltage. Now I just have to discover why!

Ron

Ron,

I'll have to look at the schematics again and see where else that wire runs to. It sounds like you are on the path though.

As for the HellFire, as Steve said it's a drop in replacement for the stock analog ECU. Unplug the stock ECU, plug in the Hellfire, hook up the laptop and you can look at every sensor, configure every table, adjust for any engine modification. Plug and Spray! 

Len

• Like 2