Seatbelt hook screw size - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Seatbelt hook screw size

Featured Replies

I have a Jan/1971 240Z that the previous owner recovered the seats and removed the seatbelt hooks.  

What size is the screw that attaches the hook to the side of the seat?  If anyone with an original could post up a photo that would be great.  I went to the hardware store and picked up some #6 and #8 sized screws.  Both work, but I can't tell from pictures online which is closer to original.

Hmm, I remember the hook screw as a machine screw.  Oh well.  You would think I could remember seeing how often I have to replace the hook.  Almost anytime someone rides in teh car with me, they break the hook yanking on the seat belt.

1 hour ago, David F said:

Hmm, I remember the hook screw as a machine screw.  Oh well.  You would think I could remember seeing how often I have to replace the hook.  Almost anytime someone rides in teh car with me, they break the hook yanking on the seat belt.

Sheet metal screws work well for this application. The screw doesn't bottom out when tight, allowing the hook to swivel and not do damage to the vinyl seat back covering. 

  • Author

Thank you for the quick replies with the great level of detail!

Are the original screws chromed, stainless or zinc?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Mine are plated steel but the plating appears more like chrome or nickel. The length is 1/2" under the head. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.