IGNORED

My 240z has fuel problems!

KiileZ

I came here to post that I'm having a very similar problem getting my '71 back on the road. Everything worked great when I took the car apart to do the body work. I also get a stream of bubbles coming up into the (new) fuel filter. I tested the pump off the car, and it works fine. I used a vacuum pump to draw fuel through the filter, and no bubbles. The filter level drops as the car runs, until it runs poorly and dies, and will slowly rise back to full when the engine is off. Runs great when it runs. I have about 5 gallons in the tank. I see no leaks that might indicate a place for air to enter. I did read about the possibility of the inlet tube damage in the tank, but don't think that's it. Weird.

Edited by ByStickel

I installed my refreshed tank this past weekend. I've been driving the car each day and so far have not had any issues since. I haven't had a chance to check fuel pressure, but so far so good. I believe the bad pickup was my problem. I have yet to call zcarsource to verify if that's what they found or not.

1 hour ago, ByStickel said:

I came here to post that I'm having a very similar problem getting my '71 back on the road. Everything worked great when I took the car apart to do the body work. I also get a stream of bubbles coming up into the (new) fuel filter. I tested the pump off the car, and it works fine. I used a vacuum pump to draw fuel through the filter, and no bubbles. The filter level drops as the car runs, until it runs poorly and dies, and will rise back to 2/3-3/4 when the engine is off. Runs great when it runs. I have about 5 gallons in the tank. I see no leaks that might indicate a place for air to enter. I did read about the possibility of the inlet tube damage in the tank, but don't think that's it. Weird.

That sounds like a leak somewhere. Could be a pick up problem but my first suspect would be all the connections or a cracked hose or filter