IGNORED

Randomly lose power when driving

CaptainMajestic

1 hour ago, CaptainMajestic said:

Thanks everyone, turns out it was in fact a clogged fuel pump filter. I swapped it out with a new one and the problem disappeared. I need to figure out where the sediment is coming from as the fuel tank was recently restored and cleaned.

Thanks!

-Michael

Great. Like I said earlier, your description sounded definitely fuel. 

Ignition issue is a totally different sound.

5 hours ago, CaptainMajestic said:

Thanks everyone, turns out it was in fact a clogged fuel pump filter.

figure out where the sediment is coming from as the fuel tank was recently restored and cleaned.

Just curious, but what is a "fuel pump filter"?  Not sure what you mean by that.

Also, did you open the filter and find sediment?  Or assume.  Might be something else.  Was the tank cleaned and sealed, or just cleaned?  Anyway, carry on.

Edited by Zed Head

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Just curious, but what is a "fuel pump filter"?  Not sure what you mean by that.

Also, did you open the filter and find sediment?  Or assume.  Might be something else.  Was the tank cleaned and sealed, or just cleaned?  Anyway, carry on.

Yeah, sorry I meant the sediment filter that plugs into the electric fuel pump. Tank was cleaned and sealed.