IGNORED

Dimensions rear wheel bearing spacer "B"

HSL

Does anyone have the dimensions on the rear wheel bearing spacer, marked "B"? Only dimension (including tolerance) I can find in the FSM is the length. Need to know the I.D and O.D as I need to make a set.

I don't have the dimensions written down, but I will get them. I can tell you, however, that (within wide limits), those two dimensions aren't really important.

It has to be big enough on the ID to pass over the bearing surfaces without binding, and it has to be small enough on the OD so it doesn't interfere with grease flow into the balls. Other than that, it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay.

ID of the spacer tube is 1.290 inches. My assumption is that the original target was 32.75 mm

OD of the spacer tube is 1.685 inches. My assumption that the original target was 42.75 mm

Anything close to that would be fine. The OD of the stub axle where the bearings reside is 1.250 inches. This means that the 1.290 ID of the spacer tube results in about .020 inch (0.5mm) gap per side if you get the spacer centered.

So reverse engineering the design, I'm theorizing they picked the size something like this... "ID of the spacer to be 1 mm larger than the OD of the shaft, and it should have a 5.0 mm wall thickness."

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:06 PM, zKars said:

Hate to say it, but I send you a couple of B spacers if you want....

Really appreciate the offer but I don't need a set anymore. Bought a  set of stubs and the guy that sold them to me was nice enough to include the spacers?

• Like 1