240z rolling shell - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z rolling shell

Featured Replies

I recently acquired a 240z rolling shell. And when I say rolling shell I mean it. There’s literally nothing in the engine bay and I don’t have brake lines. The only thing on this shell is, Brake rotors and calipers, axles (obviously), steering, rear axles, and a differential (most likely an R160) my question is, what is everything I need in my engine bay for me to swap an engine and transmission in and get it to run and drive. I know this is a huge request but it’d be greatly appreciated. And yes I have googled diagrams and schematics for the engine bay but in haven’t found much

  • Author
25 minutes ago, Patcon said:

A drive train, a way to cool it, wiring harness, battery and a fuel supply

Thanks for the help. Not just on this topic but my other one as well

@240zSean I may have a lot of the small bits you'll need. I bought a late 71 rolling shell (no title, reasonably good shape by today's standards) a while back that was missing the engine, trans (auto), half shafts and some interior parts. I disassembled a lot of it but it's still a roller. I still have all the wire harnesses, brake lines and brake line clips are still on the shell, and lots of parts in boxes that came from it. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

@240zSean I may have a lot of the small bits you'll need. I bought a late 71 rolling shell (no title, reasonably good shape by today's standards) a while back that was missing the engine, trans (auto), half shafts and some interior parts. I disassembled a lot of it but it's still a roller. I still have all the wire harnesses, brake lines and brake line clips are still on the shell, and lots of parts in boxes that came from it. 

My rolling shell is also a late 71. Made 9/71. Do you have Some way of communicating with me other than on here?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.