IGNORED

Hitachi TM-1081-ZB Radio Repair Thread

7 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Yes but what's the connection with zclub.net?

From here:

8 hours ago, 240260280 said:

btw your UK website is great. It often comes up in searches...

They are two - completely unconnected - clubs and forums.

LOL Sorry. I corrected entry but left the wrong right in. <<< makes sense right? Fixed now.

Sorry. No I do not have data sheet. I would love to see it too  I think the IC is more than just an op-amp as it feeds back to the auto tuning circuit. See Pin 7's output below.

I will guess that the op-amp function can be substituted with a compatible op-amp but you will loose the auto tuning without developing the associated circuitry to trigger an amplitude lock on a signal or maybe it is a mute while tuning control?

Feedback.jpg

13 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

the wrong right in. <<< makes sense right?

Yup! I Got it!  Haha!!

So not that it really matters, but that's an AF (Audio Frequency) amp, not an op-amp.

Good luck with the repairs. I paid my way through a couple years of college fixing audio-visual equipment. One of the things I learned is that 95% of all failures are blown output stages. Even if the problem does not appear to be a blown output, it might be anyway.  LOL

• Like 1

I bravely swapped bad unit's output stage to working unit and it continued working.  I put working units output stage in bad radio an no change. 

I then moved good AF SIP to bad radio and it worked... risky but easy.   I did verify all voltages in power transistors were the same before swapping so low risk in the end.

• Like 1