Door top mouldings - Am I missing a piece here? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door top mouldings - Am I missing a piece here?

Featured Replies

Is there supposed to be a piece, some sort of end cap, on the rear edge of the door moulding strips?  Thanks!

IMG_4121.JPG

I suspect you have the repro trim w/squeegee from Z Car Depot.  They caution the lack of plastic plug for the ends in the product description.  The OE stainless trim element was self-capped - that is, the metal was folded over to seal the end, never had plastic plugs to the best of my knowledge.

  • Author

Thanks Jim.  It's unfortunate that these pieces lack anything to finish off the ends.  They look like a hand injury waiting to happen.  I guess I'm going to have to look around for original pieces.  Once again, thanks!

1 hour ago, SoCalJim said:

Thanks Jim.  It's unfortunate that these pieces lack anything to finish off the ends.  They look like a hand injury waiting to happen.  I guess I'm going to have to look around for original pieces.  Once again, thanks!

Should you find some OE trim in decent shape, consider swapping the squeegees off the current ones to to the OE pieces.  Its a pretty easy task - lose the staples and use pop rivets to attach the squeegees.  Been there, done that!

Sign me Just Another Jim. :beer:

  • Author

great point.  My squeegees are in real good condition.

  • 3 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.