IGNORED

Triple Carb Heat Shield Mounting

Hardway

Started mocking up my DIY heat shield using a cereal box as a starting point.  I want to ensure there is enough room for the linkage on the bottom to fully operate.  To do this, I believe I need to mount the heat shield using in between the intake manifold and the rear of the carb.  However, this presents some challenges as I am using a soft mount kit for the carbs.  If I try to mount it to the front face of the carb I will have to cut some pretty big V notches to clear everything.  For those that have done this, how did you do it?  The manifold is a Interpart piece and the carbs are Dellortos.  Thank you!

CarbUnderside01.jpg

Ideally the carb bodies should be cold and the intake manifold hot. So if you can tie the shield to the manifold, that would be best.

Some use the fuel bowl clean-out screws at the bottom of the carb to connect a heat shield but this brings heat into the fuel.

If you could make some brackets that ran from the top of the manifold to each end of a long single heat shield under the carbs, that would be convenient. Making or finding bolting points on the top of the manifold would make removing the shield a lot easier. Typically the current shield are bolted in very inconvenient locations.

This is the idea I am proposing but the brackets would connect to the manifold rather than the carb:

image.png

This design puts heat in the fuel:

image.png

Edited by 240260280

Thank you @240Z240Z240Z  I have seen both of these and unfortunately I cannot use either solution since the cast threaded hole at the end is the throttle arm stop adjustment.  The smaller shields do not have provisions for the accelerator pump linkage on the bottom.  The heat shield I plan to make would only cover the carbs and partially cover the filters.  Just trying to see how everyone else mounted their heat shields so I can get some ideas.