IGNORED

Fuel tank hose with a hook in it (240-260z)

Jeff Berk

I'm confused about where a hose goes or if I got the wrong hose for my tank. The attached 3 pictures showing the hose, an illustration of the hoses (I think this is hose #5), and a photo of my tank with the connector circled. 

I think this is the right hose for this connector but the hose diameter is <1/2 inch and the tank port is maybe 5/8th inch. Where should this hose actually go? My car is a Jan' 74 260z.tank pic 2.jpgTank pic 0.jpgtank pic 1.jpg

1 minute ago, siteunseen said:

On my 72 that hose goes all the way down the interior side of the brake lights to the evap tank on the passenger side interior, behind the strut tower.

So the hose goes from the the left side of the tank, across the two tail lights assemblies to the evap tank and not the port on the top right of the tank? (Hose #6 in the illustration? )

There's two holes they come up through in the hatch. The drivers side and the hose you show comes up towards the centet of the passenger's brake light assembly. You need those rubber grommets to, where they come through. Hope I'm helping, not confusing. Just got home from work and scattered. 8^(

But the hose with the 180 degree bend (or two 90's) goes on the top tank connector passenger side, through the grommeted hole and to the vapor expansion tank. If that is correct, I got the wrong diameter hose somehow.

Whats the build date of your car and is it a California version?  That diagram you posted is for the California version.  That hose is plumbed into the fuel filler on my 240.

OK I see you have a Jan. 74 260.  so is it a California car?

Edited by jwtaylor
Just saw the car info