IGNORED

running guide for S30 wire length and gauge.

youztheclue

I have decided to rewire my aging wiring loom and upgrade it to execute all the little upgrades I have in mind. I am by no means an electrical master, but I know the importance even our 70's cars need. My plans for my '74 260z is to wire tuck, hide the wires in the engine bay to be nearly nonextant, and to also include motor sport techniques to make quality upgrades. All wires will be replaced by Tefzel wire and Raychem heat shrink. the point is to make a bulletproof wire loom and to have fun working on this project and making it special. Now for everyone's benefit i will be updating this with all the stock wiring specs as they are on my car with what ever has happened to this car in the past 45 years. I will come up with a Key to understand the small database i am trying to start. the end goal is to help others in their wiring  projects.

the github link: https://github.com/youztheclue/S30-Spec.git

KEY:

System name: Subsection

Detailed description to-from/Route

#gauge(American), Stock color, My new color for reference

Stock length, New route with reasons for change, length of heat shrink for specific subsection

Expected electrical load, name of oe connector/number of wires, new connector style and size

Hopefully I can create something useful here: and I encourage others to comment, tips, hints, hidden secrets and their own data and I will add it to my data set.

Update: I now have the entire front half from the firewall to bumper measured and mapped out. Will be updating soon.

Lights: Exterior

Headlights

Stock length, New route with reasons for change, length of heat shrink for specific subsection

Expected electrical load, name of oe connector/number of wires, new connector style and size

Turn Signals

Taillights

Brake Lights

Lights: Interior

Dash

Map

Wipers:

Motor

Fluid Pump

Engine: Starting

Fuel Pump

Ignition

Coil 

Electric Choke

Engine: Constant for running

Electric Fan(s)

Alternator

Fuel Injection

Ignition

Dash/Instruments:

Gauges

Switches

Luxury:

Heater/Fan

A/C

Radio

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

Edited by youztheclue

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Update on the wiring. I have the whole front engine bay harness unwrapped. It's undone all the way to the firewall. I'm going to remove and add a couple wires, shorten some, replace others. A nice rewrap and the electrical will be good while I create the really nice loom on the bench.

IMG_20190520_192029.jpg

• 2 months later...