IGNORED

dash restoration

26th-Z

Guys, let's welcome Dashboard Restorations as a new supporting member of the club!! Dashboard Resto now has their own forum and all conversations can be held in that forum. Feel free to ask questions about their service, and I'm sure you will also see announcements from Jim in there as well.

So, if you have specific questions about their services, feel free to start a new thread in their forum.

Click HERE to jump to the forum now.

-- Mike

Well guys, I can say that the dashboards from Nissan aren't all that great. I ordered one a few months ago and it showed up here with a few flaws -- a cut in the vinyl, some wrinkles in the vinyl, and a crooked center section. "I think these guys were drinking too much rice wine," was a good comment I heard about it...

I might be sending my dash out to have it redone. So much for running a side-by-side comparison with a new dash. Ugh. I'll have to take a lot of pictures.

-- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Los Angeles, near to LAX, and intrigued by the idea.

If no one else is going to step up to the plate I will consider doing so.

What do you need?

For me to call around to shipping agents and get quotes? That's pretty easy... It would make it even easier if someone happened to have an idea what the dash weighs... I can get a LxWxH on it of course from measuring mine but weight would be helpful too....

Would you guys all mail your dashes to me and it would be up to me to bring them to the right freight company?

Will any of you consider surface or is everyone in a hurry and wants it air freighted?

How many do we have for sure?

I am still on the fence as I am unsure I can afford it right now....

Let me know,

-e

Originally posted by EricB

What do you need?

Eric: See the newly created forum for Dashboard Restorations. They are now a supporter of the club and I believe that Jim of Dashboard Resto was trying to arrange shipping for a group order through a thread in that forum.

Originally posted by EricB

What do you need?

For me to call around to shipping agents and get quotes? That's pretty easy... It would make it even easier if someone happened to have an idea what the dash weighs... I can get a LxWxH on it of course from measuring mine but weight would be helpful too....

Would you guys all mail your dashes to me and it would be up to me to bring them to the right freight company?

Will any of you consider surface or is everyone in a hurry and wants it air freighted?

How many do we have for sure?

I am still on the fence as I am unsure I can afford it right now....

Hi Eric,

We have six starters and we are just waiting for freight quotes to consolidate pick-up's and shipment to Australia and return - from an Oz/US airfreighter.

If you are prepared to do the work from the US side (we can give you the listing of those interested members), I would offer you a 30% discount off the factory price of restoration for your time and trouble - it would certainly make the project easier.

The weight of a complete dashboard frame with pad is 7.5 kilo's (16.5 pounds), the frame weighs 5 kilo's (11pounds), the pad itself weighs 2.5 kilo's (5.5 pounds).

Please let me know here or by PM. Jim

-e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe a little late in this posting, I live in QLD australia and had the dash restored in my 77 260z by dashboard restorations more than 2 years ago. I had an earlier celica dash done several months previous that i brought in in a shopping bag! The quality of workmanship is of a very standard and has stood up to the aussie sun without any probs.

Cost me AU$330.00

I think they must use a thicker vinyl because it doesn't have quite as much give as the oem dash. BTW, they also do door cards, might be a worthwhile bulk order.