IGNORED

remove undercoating

inline4

Last Thursday afternoon I removed 85% of the undercoat on the Passenger side floorpan with a 1600W Hair Dryer and a 1.75" Stiff Blade Scraper. Took me 2 hours and 45 minutes, including jacking the car, clean up of the floor and me, and lowering the car, closing up the shop.

The remaining 15% (edges near the rocker panels & very rear of the pan will be done this week with a non-metallic abrasive wire wheel.

Also removed the complete "Tar Mat" from the inside of the passenger area on Wednesday of last week. 2 hours even. No heat, No dry ice, just a stiff 1.75" scraper and elbow grease.

inline4 . I just went through what you are doing . I just got the car back from the welder. When you prep the pannels for the welder , remove all the paint and oil from the surface to be welded and also the calking if there is any , grind away any rust as all the above will hinder the welding and cause the waist of time and that is $. Scanlon and I installed the floor pan with sheet metal screws and drew the edges as close together as we could . The welder removed the screws and filled the holes also. By preping the area and fitting the sheetmetal you will save a lot of cash and will get the job you want. As for coating the metal I just finished sandblasting the remaining surface rust and cleaned the bare new floor and it is ready for the medal ready and mariene clean and POR . I am using the satan black and covering all of the enterior with a product called B-Quiet brown bread , it is simular to the tar mating that is origional . They have other products and I am using one on the tranny tunnel for heat and sound and also on the firewall. the brown bread can also be used on the inside of the door skin to kill the drum effect . My floor is from Zed Findings and they make a fine product. Gary:classic:

are brings back memories or is that nightmares listening to you too chat about this wonderful process so glad its not me again

spent way too long stripping all from my car then ended up spraying new stuff back on and coated it with 2 pack black

Mick

the datsun is on hold, I got a ae86 corolla sr5 that needs a new engine, and is a little more complete than the datsun is so I will have a decent daily driver and not a driving project :)

I did get an air compressor though, Just not sure if I really need it.

They dont look bad, considering they will be spending most of their lives covered in brake dusts and road grime anyhow :geek:

Im just having a hard time I guess having a non body colour brush finish on the inside of my floor pan....nice slippery 2 pack paint would be nice :)