IGNORED

My 71' 240z

IMG_20180811_131331.jpgIMG_20180830_102849.jpgIMG_20181023_171356.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=a75e82998c691b20IMG_20180811_213931.jpgIMG_20180912_164933.jpgIMG_20180814_133602.jpg

Heyimageproxy.php?img=&key=a75e82998c691b20 guys, first time Z owner. I picked this up last year in September. I was curious if anyone knew who owned it in the years prior. Supposedly it had been restored in the late 90's but I can't get info on that owner. 

This Z is a 71 with a 10xxx Vin number. Racing green with tan interior. The steering wheel is not series 1, and the door jam plate is missing, but the engine is matching. The transmission is a 5 speed. The guy I bought it from said it was brought over from the UK? Which I found weird, but idk. 

Anyways, it is rusty as all get out, so I've bought an Eastwood 135 MIG welder, new headlight housings, front fenders, and random things. Looking at buying front frame rails and floor pans next and diving in. 

Let me know what you guys think. I don't usually join forums, but the Facebook groups have been so nice and helpful. I wanted to make an account so I have a structured place to chat Z's. Facebook can become distracting.. haha. 

Edited by billdoggy734
Added photos

Welcome to the forum, you will find this place is very un-facebook like.  So brought over from UK, strange, it certainly appears to be a NA car.   What are your plans, rotisserie resto, rolling resto?  To get all the rust you really will have to strip it down to the shell,  you might beable to find more history for the car on the Zhome registry.