IGNORED

240z side view mirror, horn pad

torynich

I am looking for a chrome 240z driver's side rear view mirror.

I have a 240z steering wheel, I am looking for a horn pad and installation hardware. I will attach a pic of what I have, I am not really sure what I need in addition to the horn pad.

These are going on an early, thin bumper 260z.

Thanks

1539449036351942976839.jpg

You have all the wheel parts except the snap on horn pad. Most of the ones you buy used will have a cracked plastic ring that snaps over the center hub, but you can easily add a zip tie to the outside of the ring in the pad to snug it up so it snaps on again, AND stays there. Seems to me they are still available new from Nissan, and from Motor sport Auto and others.

Same for the stock drivers side mirrors. New ones aren't that pricey.

Now if you want to save a bit and get a good condition mirror and a nice used horn button with the zip tie mod, let me know. PM or email me at z240@shaw.ca

• 2 weeks later...

That horn button is made differently from the OE. iits harder (the OE has a dense foam that has some give to it, the 90$ is much harder, more like solid plastic). Its also much less likely to crack along the mount ring like the OE does, which is good. I would suggest you pop for a new mount (plastic part with the snap ring that bolts up to the steering wheel and is what the button mounts to) if your is even slightly compromised (crack) as the harder horn button will def impart a stronger clamping force and break a weak mount.